IT oversight is needed at the board table, and governors and executive managers must ask themselves:
If the answer to one or more of these questions is "No" then stronger IT oversight is required.
- Can the organization sustain and grow without IT?
- Is IT fully aligned and integrated with business strategies?
- Are the top executives satisfied with the organization's IT governance; can they explain IT governance and describe the effectiveness of it without deferring to the CIO or IT Director? Do they abdicate or engage in IT governance?
- Can the organization measure returns from IT investments?
- Does the board approve IT strategy?
- Is IT regularly on the board agenda?
- Is IT able to act on, first, initiatives that produce innovation and, second, results that they promised?
We provide the following services:
- Assessment of IT oversight and governance: Review IT Governance in your organization. We provide an independent 3rd party review of your IT governance modelled on the COBIT and ITIL frameworks.
- Coaching at the board level as a group or as an individual: one-on-one coaching; helping Board members understand IT oversight without being technical. Assess current IT oversight; determine need for and level of IT oversight; assist by coaching in a group or as an individual.
Board members do not have to be experts in IT to provide effective IT oversight; they need to follow good governance practices.
Leadership seminars based on real life adventures.
- Shackleton: The Ultimate Leader
- North Pole: What it takes to reach the top
- Aconcagua: Pushing through the pain to achieve your team’s goals